Often sold under the brand Noofen, it is a derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA. It is primarily used to reduce stress, enhance mood, and is used as an anxiolytic especially for social anxiety and relaxation. It is able to cross the blood-brain barrier due to the addition of a phenyl group molecule and is believed to have psychotropic properties. Some research has suggested that it has nootropic effects, but these reports are controversial. Additionally, studies have shown that it elevates levels of dopamine in the brain and may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Phenibut is categorized under GABAergics.
It is also known as Phenylgamma, PHG, Phenigam, PhGABA, Fenibut, Fenigam, Phenybut, Phenygam.
Also KnownPhenylgamma, PHG, Phenigam, PhGABA, Fenibut, Fenigam, Phenybut, Phenygam
DescriptionOften sold under the brand Noofen, it is a derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA. It is primarily used to reduce stress, enhance mood, and is used as an anxiolytic especially for social anxiety and relaxation. It is able to cross the blood-brain barrier due to the addition of a phenyl group molecule and is believed to have psychotropic properties. Some research has suggested that it has nootropic effects, but these reports are controversial. Additionally, studies have shown that it elevates levels of dopamine in the brain and may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Some reported side effects with the use of Phenibut include nausea, fatigue, lightheadedness, headaches, and gastrointestinal disturbances. However, much serious cases include unconsciousness and memory loss. We should take note that Phenibut should not be combined with GABA agonists, like alcohol since it can lead to some serious risks.
Phenibut Review: What is Phenibut?
Being anxious about certain things and events such as an upcoming big exam or presentation will leave you feeling stressed and exhausted. It will greatly impair the way you think and your quality of sleep. Because of this, it will lead you to being stressed even more and may affect your overall health. So how do you combat difficult situations like this? Phenibut may be the answer to your anxiety.
It acts as an inhibitory supplement to your system and helps your neurons to be stabilized thus, helping you feel relaxed and will put you at the state of calmness. Moreover, it leads you to an improved mood thus, positively affecting your drive and motivation to do your tasks.
How does Phenibut work?
1. Anxiolytic Properties Phenibut is a modified version of GABA or gamma aminobutyric acid. The only difference that lies is that the structure of Phenibut is generally that of GABA's but with an additional phenyl group in it. Because of this, Phenibut can easily cross the blood-brain barrier while GABA can't. Phenibut acts like GABA by directly influencing and activating the GABA receptors on certain synapses between neurons. It is known to be non-selective, meaning, it targets both GABA-A and GABA-B receptors. Because of this, you will feel relaxed and less stressed. This mechanism of GABA is beneficial for individuals who are often overly anxious.(2)
2. Enhanced Mood and Increased motivation It has been found out that Phenibut also acts on the neurotransmitter Dopamine, which is responsible for an individual's mood and motivation. With an increased level of this neurotransmitter, you will experience a positive mood and higher levels of motivation. (1)
3. Improved Quality of sleep Because Phenibut acts like GABA, it provides a sedative-like effect. This is because GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter of the central nervous system (CNS). What this means is that once GABA(A) is activated it favors sleep and even muscle relaxation. With Phenibut acting on Dopamine and producing its sedative effects, there is an improvement in one's sleep quality as well as the restoration of the normal sleeping patterns. It would greatly help those individuals who are experiencing difficulty in falling and remaining asleep. With Phenibut, you will wake up feeling refreshed and satisfied.
4. Neuroprotective Properties Not only does Phenibut relieve stress and improve your mood but it has been found to be neuroprotective in certain studies. It serves to prevent our cells and neurons from toxins and chemicals that may harm them, especially in stressful situations. (1)
5. Enhanced cognition and mental performance Resesarchers have claimed that Phenibut may also have an influence on cognition. This is because it acts to improve the communication between the two hemispheres of the brain and can improve one's problem solving skills and creative thinking. This type of communication is then referred to as transcallosal communication. (2)
How can you maximize Phenibuts full potential?
When taking supplements, it would be best to follow the recommended guidelines such as proper dosage, frequency, and stacking so that the drug can act efficiently and effectively in producing the desired results. Below are some of the ways on how we can maximize the full potential of Phenibut in a safe manner.
1. The correct Phenibut dosage and Frequency It is generally recommended to take Phenibut with a dose between 250 mg to generally 500 mg daily. It can be taken daily in a single does due to the fact that Phenibut has a long half-life of 5 hours and its effects can last for the whole day. (1)
However we should take note that when starting any new drug, it would be best to start first with the lowest dose possible yielding the results that you wanted and then gradually increasing it over time -- but obviously not above the safe upper limit of say about 1000mg.
You may also consult your healthcare provider with proper Phenibut dosage since a person's condition and health status may play a role, however as it is not FDA regulated in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom or Canada (Health Canada) you may have some hard time getting answers, and that is when you may need to rely on our community and see the correct dosage below.
2. How to Take Phenibut Pills or Powder Phenibut is a water-soluble compound, it does not need fat in order to be absorbed properly by the intestines. The powder form of Phenibut can easily be mixed and/or drank with water. People have claimed benefits in taking it on an empty stomach. However, taking it with food may possibly slow down the absorption rate in the intestines. (1)
3. Stacking Phenibut This is done for the purpose of maximizing a drug's potential and also, in order to yield more positive effects, to synergize each other, or to eliminate or minimize the side effects that the drug may provide.
In contrast to stacking supplements, it is important to know that Phenibut cannot be used in combination with other compounds and supplements since it may cause and potentiate some unwanted effects. As an anxiolytic, Phenibut should not be used along with GABAergics like GHB and Benzodiazepines since it may lead to respiratory depression. Moreover when taking Phenibut, do not consume alcohol, or vice versa. This is because alcohol acts as a downer and would put you in a slower pace. Thus combining the two would result in drowsiness and even increases the chances of losing your consciousness. (1) So basically, Phenibut, Benzodiazepines, and alcohol work similarly with Phenibut so it should never be stacked with those compounds.
Where and How to buy Phenibut?
Phenibut is available in powder or capsule form. However, some users find the powder form to be cheaper than the capsules. Should you be confused as to purchase the powder or capsule form, rest assured that the effects will still remain the same for both of them and the choice greatly depends upon your own preference.
It is not regulated which means you will probably not see it at GNC, Walgreens, CVS, but it may be purchased online through a reliable, safe vendor online. The vendor we link to has a certificate of analysis, that has been analyzed by a third party, and you can purchase Phenibut online through this link. BUY PHENIBUT NOW